Re: console info

From: Orm Finnendahl
Subject: Re: console info
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 12:03:49 +0200

Hi Sven,

 I don't know whether there is a way to change the prompt to disappear
completely without changing the sources (as this is generally not the
intended behaviour) but as a workaround you could pipe the guile
output through sed to remove the prompt. Try this command in a
terminal:

guile | sed -e 's/^guile>//g'

That should do what you want. You can do that programmatically as well
or invoke this as a script from within your program.

In general your approach seems strange to me. Without exactly knowing
how to do it I'd suggest you look for a way to approach guile's read
routine directly and handle the results internally rather than dealing
with netcat and stdout.

--
Orm