Re: [guile-user] Ideas for Documentation

From: Linas Vepstas
Subject: Re: [guile-user] Ideas for Documentation
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 17:03:17 -0500

Hi,

On 15 May 2010 16:35, Karl Winterling <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've thought about writing an "official tutorial" for Guile directed
> at application users who have no programming experience. I thought
> it's best to see what the community thinks given that educational
> approaches are so politically charged.

Heh.

> Anything I write would probably
> focus a lot on discrete math and describing the rationale for Scheme's
> design,

Well, of all of the applications that use guile, none that I know
of can be described as "discrete math".

The primary applications that I know of using guile are:

-- GnuCash (personal finance)
-- LilllyPond (music typesetting)
-- Gnome Games
-- gEDA (electronic circuit board design)
-- GnoTime (diary/timekeeping/billing)
-- OpenCog (AGI experimental platform)

Which "application users" do you have in mind?
All of the above?

--linas