Re: [r6rs] on libraries extensions and search paths

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: [r6rs] on libraries extensions and search paths
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 23:43:53 +0200

On Mon 07 Jun 2010 21:58, Marco Maggi <address@hidden> writes:

> Many R6RS implementations support searching for libraries in
> files ending with the ".sls" extension, giving precedence to
> an  implementation-specific  extension;  for  example:  when
> both
>
> mine.sls
> mine.guile.sls
>
> files are  present, Guile should  load "mine.guile.sls" when
> looking for "(mine)".  Is there a plan to add this?

I believe that if you modify %load-extensions you can achieve this
effect. I would rather not do it by default due to the stat penalty.

  (set! %load-extensions '(".guile.sls" ".sls" ".scm" ""))

See "Loading" in the manual.

>   Many R6RS  implementation allow the selection  of a search
> path  for libraries  through an  environment  variable; what
> about "GUILE_R6RS_LIBPATH"?

See GUILE_LOAD_PATH and %load-patch in the manual. See also docs on
GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH, which currently only exist in the NEWS (ugh).

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/