Re: Can guile scripts be compiled?

From: No Itisnt
Subject: Re: Can guile scripts be compiled?
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 10:42:53 -0500

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 5:00 AM, Cecil Westerhof <address@hidden> wrote:
> I just found out about guile. I am thinking about using it for
> scripting. Because of this I was wondering if guile scripts can be
> compiled for faster executing?

Guile was not compiled until recently. Most distributions only have up
to Guile 1.8, so you might need to grab the latest beta release (from
the 1.9 series) and build it yourself or wait for the stable 2.0
release. After that, just run your scripts with it, and Guile will
automatically recompile the scripts and cache the result as necessary.