Re: [r6rs] quest to make the makers package work

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: [r6rs] quest to make the makers package work
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 23:40:40 +0200

Hello,

On Sat 19 Jun 2010 20:16, Marco Maggi <address@hidden> writes:

> compilation with both packages fails with multiple errors like:
>
> ;;; key wrong-type-arg, throw_args ("dirname" "Wrong type argument in
> position ~A (expecting ~A): ~S" (1 "string" #f) (#f))

This is an interesting error I just got too. It's because I moved
"the-last-stack" to another module, leaving behind an identifier-syntax
as a deprecated forwarding shim; but the-last-stack had already appeared
as a value in the expansion of some macros, so that compiled code was
not detected as needing re-expansion.

Specifically false-if-exception used to muck with the-last-stack, but
now it doesn't; but old code compiled with it still accesses the
deprecated code. An interesting bug, and one we'll see more of in the
future unfortunately. Vigilance and freedom, I guess...

Short answer: make clean in module/, and possibly nuke your cache, and
reinstall Guile (if you run it installed).

Cheers,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/