Multi-byte characters

From: Cecil Westerhof
Subject: Multi-byte characters
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 11:54:37 +0200

I am experimenting with Guile. It looks like the performance is not that
good. But I continue. One of the things is multi-byte characters. I want
to replace spaces with non breaking spaces. But Guile sees a non
breaking space ( ) as two characters (when using string-length). Is
there a way to let Guile see it as one character?

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer