Re: Possible Memory Leak with stream-for-each

From: Abhijeet More
Subject: Re: Possible Memory Leak with stream-for-each
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 12:32:59 -0400

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 12:13 PM, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The leak you describe seems to be that depicted under “Why the space
> leak occurs” at <http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-45/srfi-45.html>.
>
> Am I right?

I don't think so. The leak described in SRFI-45 is due to a naive
implementation of stream-filter on SICP-like streams (odd or even).
SRFI-45 describes a way to implement streams so that the leak does not
occur with the naive implementation of stream-filter.

The leak I'm referring to happens with *stream-for-each*.
*stream-filter* is not involved in any way.
I doubt if that is the problem I'm describing - especially since the
same code doesn't cause a leak in PLT Scheme/Racket.

Thanks
Abhijeet