Re: Possible Memory Leak with stream-for-each

From: Abhijeet More
Subject: Re: Possible Memory Leak with stream-for-each
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 12:46:16 -0400

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Abhijeet More <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't think so. The leak described in SRFI-45 is due to a naive
> implementation of stream-filter on SICP-like streams (odd or even).
> SRFI-45 describes a way to implement streams so that the leak does not
> occur with the naive implementation of stream-filter.
[snip]

Now that I think about it though - it may be worth investigating
whether the stream-for-each implementation causes a similar
ever-growing sequence of pending-promises.
I'll see if this is the case.
The reason I feel strongly that this is not the problem is that the
same implementation (including cons-stream) does *not* cause a leak
with PLT Scheme/racket.
Thanks
Abhijeet