Re: Plotting in Guile

From: Joel James Adamson
Subject: Re: Plotting in Guile
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 12:56:20 -0400

Mike Gran <address@hidden> writes:

>> Hello,
>>
>> 1. Is there is a plotting extension for guile, or a library that I could
>> use in such a way?  The advantage of GNUPLOT is that it can produce many
>> different kinds of output, including SVG and Pstricks code.  If a
>> plotting module exists, I haven't found it yet.
>
> For my own personal use, I have a Guile binding of GNU Plotutils.  I had
> planned that someday I'd clean it up and making it available.  It has most
> of the functionality of the GNU Plotutils 'graph' program.

My questions:
1.  What is the status of Plotutils?  I looked into it a while ago and
    it seemed really out of date and seemed to have a very small user
    community
2. Can plotutils produce a variety of outputs?  Pstricks or EPS output
   would be best; SVG would be a plus

> (But, I guess if you want a solution today, my vaporware isn't going
> to help.)

Today would be nice, but before I graduate is more what I'm looking
for.  If plotutils is what I'm looking for, then perhaps we can
collaborate to make your code more presentable.

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson
Servedio Lab