Re: make-module question.

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: make-module question.
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 16:03:05 +0200

Hi!

Ian Hulin <address@hidden> writes:

> (make-module) doesn't seem to appear in the documentation,  Is it
> supported, discouraged or deprecated?

It is undocumented but safe to use.

> Is there a supported scm_make_module  we can use in the Guile API, and
> if not, is it safe to use
>
> SCM scm_make_module_x = SCM_EOL;
> scm_permanent_object (scm_c_lookup ("make-module"));
>  and then do
> scm_call_0( SCM_VARIABLE_REF (scm_make_module_x)):
> ?

Yes, you can do this.  You could also write Scheme code instead.  ;-)

> Also what are the args the REPL says you can supply to (make-module) ?.

‘make-module’ takes one optional argument, which is the expected number
of bindings in the module (it’s a hint so that the underlying hash table
has the right size from the start.)

Thanks,
Ludo’.