Re: Latest guile 1.9 segfault in GC

From: Cedric Cellier
Subject: Re: Latest guile 1.9 segfault in GC
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 14:47:09 +0200

-[ Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 09:16:15AM -0700, Andy Wingo ]----
> You're probably not hitting the compiler for some reason. I think that
> scm_primitive_load doesn't support autocompilation, where it probably
> should. Is that the function you're using to load your Scheme code?

Ok, the file I load with scm_primitive_load is not compiled but the files
loaded by it were actually compiled. So I moved the critical functions
from the first one to the others, and now I think all the usefull functions
are compiled.

1.9.11 version still seams a bit slower than 1.8.7, most of the time
being spent in vm_debug_engine, malloc and free.

> To work around it for now, call `load' from scheme. I know it's ugly but
> at least you get the speed that way. Use scm_primitive_eval (scm_list_2
> (scm_from_locale_string ("load"), path)).

I tried but then apparently the load paths were affected in some way,
since the files loaded from the first evaluated file cannot be found.