Re: Guile base64

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Guile base64
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 11:59:15 +0200

Hi,

On Sun 05 Sep 2010 23:58, Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> () Romel Sandoval <address@hidden>
> () Fri, 03 Sep 2010 15:15:58 -0500
>
>    Do you think any of mentioned implementations should be
>    included with Guile 2.0 or it's better to keep it apart?
>
> Probably next week (2010-09-13 onward) i can find some time to add
> (ice-9 base64) from Guile 1.4.x

Cool!

Perhaps we could combine interfaces -- the stream-based (I presume; I
haven't seen your code yet, but I know your Scheme code looks good)
interfaces from yours, and the map-3-to-4 stuff from Andreas' R6RS port
of my base64.scm.

I say this because the r6rs port already uses bytevectors, and compiles
down to fairly tight VM code. I haven't run benchmarks though.

Cheers,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/