[darwin] building shared libraries (.so) instead of dynamic libraries.

From: dev . admin
Subject: [darwin] building shared libraries (.so) instead of dynamic libraries.
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 14:19:52 +0100

I'm building gnuTLS with-guile but I get the following
error stating that it can't find the required library.

Output from gnuTLS make
-----------------------
*
Making all in openpgp-certs
Making all in guile
Making all in modules
Making all in src
ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
ERROR: file: "libguile-srfi-srfi-1-v-3", message: "dlopen(libguile- srfi-srfi-1-v-3.so, 9): image not found"
make[3]: *** [enum-map.i.c] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

When building guile, the libraries are built as
dynamic so the compiler gets sent different options
and I get a different suffix. Meanwhile, gnuTLS is
looking for shared libraries.

I've checked several Makefiles to see if the facility
was available to make the shared libraries but didn't
find anything that may have helped.

Therefore, I believe the answer lies in the configure
script extracting and setting various variables. It is
possible to fool the system into building shared
libraries or a hack.

Andrew.