Re: Help needed debugging segfault with Guile 1.8.7

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Help needed debugging segfault with Guile 1.8.7
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 14:46:28 +0100

Hello,

Peter TB Brett <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks for the info.  Judging by previous experience, gEDA will need to
> support Guile 1.8.x for at least two years after Guile 2.x arrives.
> It's probably going to be painful. :-/

Out of curiosity, did you try building/running gEDA with Guile 1.9.x,
the pre-releases of 2.x?

If not, we’d be glad if you could test it and report back on any
difficulties you may encounter.  The 1.9 tarballs are available from
alpha.gnu.org.  The ‘NEWS’ file documents some incompatibility issues.

Thanks,
Ludo’.