Re: Modules

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: Modules
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 19:11:42 +0100

Marek Kubica <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I tried executing the modules example:
>
> $ cd guile-git/examples/module
> $ guile -s main

[...]
> ERROR: no code for module (module-0)
>
> Is there a way to add the current directory to the search path?

% guile --help | grep -i directory
  -L DIRECTORY   add DIRECTORY to the front of the module load path

So it's "guile -L . -s main" for the case above.

> I think this should be default, just like in Python, otherwise
> creating modules is a really big hassle.

I'm not sure this should be made the default; for an installed program
implemented in Guile, having "." implicitly in the load path would be
unneccessary and even a security issue.

Regards, Rotty
--
Andreas Rottmann -- <http://rotty.yi.org/>