Re: thread safe functions

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: thread safe functions
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 13:16:25 +0100

Greets,

On Sat 21 Aug 2010 03:35, address@hidden writes:

>> If you have found something in `format' that is not thread-safe, do
>> let us know.
>
> Well, apparently for format this was already known, see the last
> sentence of this old msg from Marius Vollmer :
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg01949.html

I think this was fixed actually, in

    commit 093d2ca9afb2cb71317fea221466fe0946c94062
    Author: Marius Vollmer <address@hidden>
    Date:   Mon Sep 15 13:37:50 2003 +0000

        (format): Rewritten as a big letrec to make it reentrant.  No mutex is
        necessary.  Thanks to Clinton Ebadi!

I have poked format a bit because it was offensive to the eye; but I
don't know of any threadsafety issues there.

Cheers,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/