Re: Functional language syntax

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Functional language syntax
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 22:23:51 +0100

On 22 Dec 2010, at 22:12, Linas Vepstas wrote:

I have put up the source code of the standard functional language syntax program on top of Guile mentioned in earlier posts. One can see that Guile already has a combined imperative/functional syntax, but to go further, it
would need to be extended.

It would be useful to recap; I don't remember the earlier posts. Yours is
a new project that does what? to solve what problem?

It was just mentioned in the body of some of my posts at the beginning of this month.

Off-topic -- but -- are there any scheme extensions to add CAML-like
type system & type inference, etc. to the language?

That is my intent to experiment with; I have looked at Goops a bit.

I am just doing my own language; right now it is close to Scheme in semantics. The syntax I have chosen is though intended to prepare for some typing. Since Guile is dynamic, one can probably go further than in statically typed languages.