Re: a straight way to testing the own scheme capabilities?

From: maledetto
Subject: Re: a straight way to testing the own scheme capabilities?
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 18:18:42 +0100

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 09:07:49 -0500
Joel James Adamson <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > () maledetto <address@hidden>
> > () Thu, 20 Jan 2011 23:12:25 +0100
> >
> >    aren't there some tests out there?
> >
> > What would such a test look like?
>
> To the OP: Can you be more specific about what you want?  I suggest
> reading The Little Schemer[1] if you want to really understand the
> concepts behind the language.  That book advanced my thinking
> hugely.  I still refer to it occasionally.
>
> Joel

there's a simple reason for my question. i'm in the need to quickly
refresh my knowledge about the language because of a possible job in the
very near future. reading full books is a bit overhead in that short
time, and i tend to always find everything plausible in books without
being able to reproduce what i read. i rather like tutorials and
stuff that stays with the detail. but what i really want to reach is a
safe feeling. i just want to get sure about the current state of my
own, rusty knowledge about scheme. this is why i rather liked to 'test'
myself (like in school, but no multiple choice ;) the quick, easy and
dirty way.

regards,
maledetto <address@hidden>