Re: C module problem

From: Aidan Gauland
Subject: Re: C module problem
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 22:32:45 +1300

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 04:54:00PM +0800, nalaginrut wrote:
> > I then run `guile' and evaluate
> > (load-extension "./sdl-guile.so" "init_module") and get the following
> > output.
> >
> > ERROR: In procedure load-extension:
> > ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link: file: "./sdl-guile.so", message: "file
> > not found"
> >
> > I can follow the example in section 6.20.3 C Extensions of the manual
> > with no trouble, so I think I am not properly linking to SDL.
> >
> > Can anyone help me with this?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Aidan Gauland
>
> hi, you may type ",d load-extension" in the repl environment.
> And you will find this note:
> =======================================
> LIB should be a string denoting a shared library without any file
> type suffix such as ".so".
> =======================================

Oops, forgot to omit the ".so".  That doesn't seem to be the problem, thoug=
h.

scheme@(guile-user)> (load-extension "sdl-guile" "init_module")
ERROR: In procedure load-extension:
ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link: file: "sdl-guile", message: "file not fou=
nd"

scheme@(guile-user)> (load-extension "./sdl-guile" "init_module")
ERROR: In procedure load-extension:
ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link: file: "./sdl-guile", message: "file not f=
ound"

I am running it from the same directory as the file "sdl-guile.so".

--Aidan