Re: C module problem

From: nalaginrut
Subject: Re: C module problem
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 17:40:12 +0800

> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 04:54:00PM +0800, nalaginrut wrote:
> > > I then run `guile' and evaluate
> > > (load-extension "./sdl-guile.so" "init_module") and get the following
> > > output.
> > >
> > > ERROR: In procedure load-extension:
> > > ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link: file: "./sdl-guile.so", message: "file
> > > not found"
> >
> > hi, you may type ",d load-extension" in the repl environment.
> > And you will find this note:
> > =======================================
> > LIB should be a string denoting a shared library without any file
> > type suffix such as ".so".
> > =======================================
>
> Oops, forgot to omit the ".so".  That doesn't seem to be the problem, though.
>
> scheme@(guile-user)> (load-extension "sdl-guile" "init_module")
> ERROR: In procedure load-extension:
> ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link: file: "sdl-guile", message: "file not found"
>
> scheme@(guile-user)> (load-extension "./sdl-guile" "init_module")
> ERROR: In procedure load-extension:
> ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link: file: "./sdl-guile", message: "file not
> found"
>
> I am running it from the same directory as the file "sdl-guile.so".
>
> --Aidan

You should read the document continuously. :-)
=================================
     LIB should be a string denoting a shared library without any file
     type suffix such as ".so".  The suffix is provided automatically.
     It should also not contain any directory components.  Libraries
     that implement Guile Extensions should be put into the normal
     locations for shared libraries.
So I think you must copy the share lib into the lib directory.

--
GNU Powered it
GPL Protected it

HFG - NalaGinrut