FFI nuisance

From: Aidan Gauland
Subject: FFI nuisance
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 16:27:25 +1300

Hi,

I'm trying to use SDL through Guile's dynamic FFI.  There's a slight
nuisance with the procedure `dynamic-link': the name of the so file on
my system (Debian squeeze) is `libSDL-1.2.so.0', so because of the
`.0' at the end, (dynamic-link "libSDL-1.2") fails to find the file,
even if I give it the full path name (dynamic-link
"/usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0").

I can work around this by making a symlink `libSDL-1.2.so' to
`libSDL-1.2.so.0'.  I really think that it should be possible to load
a so file that doesn't end in .so without having to touch the
filesystem.  Is there a way to do this, or should I submit a feature
request?

Regards,
Aidan Gauland