Re: Problems to install Guile 2.0.0

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Problems to install Guile 2.0.0
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 20:58:57 +0000

Germán Arias <address@hidden> writes:

> Output for gcc --version:
>
> address@hidden:~$ gcc --version
> gcc (GCC) 4.2.4 (Ubuntu 4.2.4-1ubuntu3)
> This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
> NO
> warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
> PURPOSE.

Hi Germán,

Just in case it's not already obvious to you, the thing that's really
weird here is that compilation apparently fails but without displaying
any kind of detailed error message.  This is practically unheard of, and
I don't recall any similar case in previous Guile-related reports.

That's why we're all asking questions - which may seem strange to you -
about your exact compiler, platform and so on.

So, basically, if there's anything you can do to get the compiler to
print more information about why it is failing, that would help.

Regards,
        Neil