Re: http request?

From: rixed
Subject: Re: http request?
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 14:01:31 +0200

> > Something similar to python's twisted would be extra cool IMO.
>
> I don't know much about it, but serveez might be going in that
> direction.

Unfortunately, from a quick fly-by of serveez manual I wouldn't say so.

While, from some high level viewpoint, twisted can be seen as a mere
server build helper, it's also much more than than: it's actually an
event driven(*) framework for building elaborated protocols. For
instance, you inherit the HTTP protocol implementation and override its
'message received' hook and voilĂ , you are implementing your own protocol
over HTTP.
Have used it a couple of times and I must say I've never encountered
another lib in any other language that make it so easy to write both
servers and clients (when high perfs are not required).
I'm far from being a python fan but twisted and scapy are two pieces of
python code any hacker should have a look at, and which I'd love to
see equivalents in other languages, IMHO.

(*) but using python 'yield' builtin it becomes lightweight threaded;
although python's thread are ashamedly inefficient it's still easier to
read/write code written this way.