Re: Question: 'External references' in compiled scheme files when moving

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Question: 'External references' in compiled scheme files when moving to Guile V2 from V1.8.7
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 00:04:37 +0200

Hi Ian,

Ian Hulin <address@hidden> skribis:

> (for-each ly:load init-scheme-files)
>
> Most of these files assume definitions are going into the default (lily)
> module, but some .scm files lower down the list reference definitions
> declared in a .scm file above it in the list.
>
> My question is this:
>       some of the .scm files in the list make references to definitions in a
> .scm file loaded previously;  When we compile this list of .scm files,
> will we need to load each .go file produced immediately after compiling
> it

Normally existing behavior is preserved.

Without changing the code, the only difference you should noticed with
2.0 is that it will automatically compile files loaded for the first
time.  ‘load’ then transparently loads the .go file if it’s available
and newer than the corresponding .scm.

Does it answer your question?

Thanks,
Ludo’.