Re: "unbound variable"

From: Tomas By
Subject: Re: "unbound variable"
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 10:56:07 +0200

Hi again,

Thanks for the help so far.

On Mon, June 27, 2011 10:38, nalaginrut wrote:
> I can't give accurate answer because you provided less information. So I
> just give a guess:
> If you have wrapped a module in mapdisplay.scm, you'd have imported some
> symbols out of this module. I know you can see get-map in REPL's
> "current-module", but mapdisplay can't see it in it's own
> "current-module". They are different.
> If you write this get-map within a module, you may use "#:use-module" in
> mapdisplay.scm. If not, you need to import it from your .so file with
> FFI such as "dynamic-link". You may checkout it out in the manual.

Well, as I tried to explain, "get-map" is statically linked into the
executable, defined with "scm_c_define_gsubr" which is called from the
"inner_main" that is passed to "scm_boot_guile".

I don't think I should have to also dynamically link it.

Do I need to do another "define_gsubr" (or whatever) from inside mapdisplay?

/Tomas