Pattern matching issues

From: Panicz Maciej Godek
Subject: Pattern matching issues
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 23:05:26 +0200

Long time no see!

As we all know, The guile module (ice-9 match) includes an
implementation for a pattern matcher as specified by Andrew K. Wright.
I've recently been reading a book by Peter Norvig, where he came up
with the following notation for what he called "Segment Pattern
Matching" (in Common Lisp):

(pat-match '((?* ?p) need (?* ?x)) '(Mr Hulot and I need a vacation))

 should return ((?P MR HULLOT AND I) (?X A VACATION))

I've been wondering if there is a way to represent this sort of
pattern for the pattern matcher provided by Wright (and Guile).

Regards,
M.