Re: Pattern matching issues

From: Marco Maggi
Subject: Re: Pattern matching issues
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 07:40:38 +0200

Panicz Maciej Godek wrote:

> I've been  wondering if there  is a way to  represent this
> sort of pattern for the pattern matcher provided by Wright
> (and Guile).

The syntax should be something like:

(match '(Mr Hulot and I need a vacation)
  ((?x ... 'need ?y ...)
   (write (list ?x ?y))
   (newline)))

but at  present multiple ellipses  are not supported  at the
same level  (that is in the  same list or  the same vector).
It is  possible to do  it, but a  policy (greedy/non-greedy)
must  be  adopted  to  solve  ambiguous cases  and  it  gets
complicated.

HTH
--
Marco Maggi