Re: Compatibility V1.8 and 2.0 - deprecated (debug-enable 'debug)

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Compatibility V1.8 and 2.0 - deprecated (debug-enable 'debug)
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 08:51:11 +0200

() Ian Hulin <address@hidden>
() Wed, 10 Aug 2011 19:50:23 +0100

   Thanks for the info, it would be useful but we need to things at
   run-time.  We've got stuff in an initialization scheme script which is
   called from the Lilypond code image and this historically has done the
   (debug-enable 'debug) call.

Another idea is to move these small pieces into separate files
and conditionally load them...

   I want to be able to code it for backwards-compatibility for Guile V2 and
   Guile V1.8, and also not cause any deprecation warnings when running with
   Guile V2.  E.g.

   ;;; Boolean thunk - are we integrating Guile V2.0 or higher with Lily?
   (define-public (guile-v2)
     (string>? (version) "1.9.10"))

... based on ‘guile-v2’ (for example).  This might be enough to keep
the deprecation warnings from appearing.  I don't know for sure, however.