Re: open-pipe deadlocked

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: open-pipe deadlocked
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 12:18:15 +0200

Hi,

On Sat 03 Sep 2011 22:32, address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> address@hidden skribis:
>
>>> For 1.8, could you try running Helgrind and see what happens?
>>
>> Helgrind complains about loads of 'possible data race'
>
> Actually 1.8 has a serious problem when it comes to multi-threading:
> memoization, which modifies the source code tree structure, is not
> thread-safe.

Yeah, at this point I think that you really should be using 2.0 if you
are using threads.  Some things work in 1.8 but we really can't help
debugging there, because 1.8 has some more serious problems that are
already fixed in 2.0 and could cause all sorts of undefined behavior.

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/