Re: Why is guile still so slow?

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: Why is guile still so slow?
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 20:56:25 +0200

On Wed, Oct 12 2011, address@hidden wrote:

[...]

> Joking aside, maybe guile is too slow for writing whole apps in it,
> but it's primary goal is to be an extension language, a companion for
> another C/C++ program, or at best an orchestrator of business oriented
> code.

I really hope that that's not Guile's primary goal these days (and my
understanding is that it is not): i wouldn't be much interested if those
were its goals ("orchestrator of business oriented code" sounds
particularly dreadful :-)).

Goals aside, Guile 2.x looks to me as a perfectly fine platform to
implement a wide range of applications, and, IMHO, it should be promoted
and developed as such.

But IANAGD :-D

Cheers,
jao
--
Substitute damn every time you're inclined to write very; your editor will
delete it and the writing will be just as it should be.