scm_local_eval V2 question

From: Ian Hulin
Subject: scm_local_eval V2 question
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 15:12:16 +0000

Hi all,

Ironically, one of the LilyPond developers has been giving the Lily
parser a spring-clean, and found scm_local_eval as the answer to his
problems in the API.  Unfortunately it's not just deprecated in Guile
V2, it's been totally nuked, according to NEWS.

Is there any C code from V1.8 you could help us to hack into our code
base to provide a scheme evaluation within a single lexical context?

The comments between the two Guile versions in eval.c imply we might
get away with copying the scm_local_eval code and substituting the
calls to scm_i_eval with eval.  What would be the scope of doing this,
given that we are parsing Scheme code embedded in LilyPond source.

Thanks in advance for any pointers,

Cheers,

Ian Hulin