Re: propagating a coding setting across source files

From: rixed
Subject: Re: propagating a coding setting across source files
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 11:41:26 +0100

-[ Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 09:06:07AM +0100, Sven Hartrumpf ]----
> How can I avoid to add this comment line to all the other files
> which are currently included by the master file using "load"?

You very possibly have better reasons to refuse to add this line
to your files than the mere trouble of the trouble doing it by
hand, but anyway just in case you need a command to do this
operation here it is:

$ find where-your-files-are -type f -name '*.scm' |
        while read f; do echo '; coding: iso-8859-1' > $f ; done

Although it may be shorter in scheme...