Re: [gnu-prog-discuss] Guile & deprecation

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: [gnu-prog-discuss] Guile & deprecation
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 14:09:37 +0100

On Mon 19 Dec 2011 08:56, David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

>> Would you like to submit a patch to document your findings?  :-)
>
> As long as Guile as a project is dead enough to require passersby not
> just to report but also fix its problems and organize the infrastructure
> for it, it does not seem like something one could recommend to depend on
> in good conscience.

David, you are not a passer-by: you hack on a GNU project that has been
using Guile for some 15 years now.  You know Scheme.  You like GNU, I
presume.  You have spent paragraphs and countless electrons about these
two or three bugs, on the development lists, using them as a meta-token
of all that you perceive to be wrong with a project: but you never filed
a bug report.

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.guile.devel/13001

As my dear grandmother used to say, "shit or get off the pot": either
submit a patch or file a bug report.  Discussing Guile in GNU is totally
on-topic, but using these two easily fixed bugs to smear the work we
have been doing for the last few years is not productive.

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/