Re: Guile on Zile

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: Guile on Zile
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 08:27:14 -0800 (PST)

> From: Klaus Schilling <address@hidden>
>
>>  I could post the ECMA-48 soft term library, I guess, but, I imagine
>>  the potential number of users of such a library to be approximately zero.
>>
> what is an ecma-48 soft term library?

It is an object that contains a sequential list of fixed-width strings
and a position of a virtual cursor in that list of strings.
A set of operations modify the object, such as 'add character'
'insert line' 'delete line', etc.  If you choose, for example, 25
strings of 80 characters width, it could form the software model
behind a terminal emulator.

The list of operations are as described in ECMA-48, which is the standard
on which terminal emulators like xterm are based.

Thanks,

Mike