Re: How does one use SLIB with guile-2.0 on Debian?

From: Jay Sulzberger
Subject: Re: How does one use SLIB with guile-2.0 on Debian?
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 12:42:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012, Jay Sulzberger wrote:

I am running a mainly "testing" version of Debian GNU/Linux, and
here is the version of Guile I have installed via apt-get:

 guile (GNU Guile) 2.0.5-deb+1-1

I would like to use SLIB with this guile.

How do I do it?

oo--JS.

Ah, I see there are some difficulties.

I installed slib-3b3.  Guile and SLIB still do not work together
properly, but the errors are different, and doing

  (use-modules (ice-9 slib))

at the repl does not result in errors reported at the repl.

I believe that it almost works and a few days effort would get me
a working Guile 2.0 and SLIB system.

oo--JS.