Guile-SNMP 0.2.3

From: Tristan Colgate
Subject: Guile-SNMP 0.2.3
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 12:03:43 +0100

Hi All,

  I've just released guile-snmp-0.2.3 on github. I've included the
NEWS below and in addition to that there's also SNMPv3 support,
support for async calls (which in turns means you can use it as a trap
reciever). expanded use of goops generics for access to wrapped types,
and support for snmp getbuilk. There's also an included spec file that
now only gets 1 warning on rpmlint, though I've not tested the
resulting packages yet.

  I'm going to work on a bit of syntactic sugar for creating agents,
and direct use of SMI textual conventions (octet-str display hints are
working but aren't used by default as it'll break the API).

Changes in guile-snmp-0.2.3 (since guile-snmp-0.2.2)

        * MIB browsing: You can now use goops' describe function to get
          information about a MIB module, or an oid e.g.:

          (use-mibs BRIDGE-MIB)
          (describe BRIDGE-MIB)
          (describe dot1dStpRootPort)

        * (snmp display-hint) provides apply-octet-str-display-hint to
          value-bytes to a string using the relevant display hint. This
          will be automated in future

        * Basic agent support: The net-snmp agent handler infrastructure
          for scalars and tables are now wrapped. This work as stand alone
          and AgentX

        * Agents sysORTable registration via (un)register-sysor-table

        * Some fixes to ASN-TYPE handling around signedness

        * Fixes to setting/serving of ASN-OBJECT-ID varbinds

        * Support ASN-FLOAT and ASN-DOUBLE

        * Some more OID related routines:

          oid? predicate
          oid-length retrieves length of an oid
          (/ oid1 oid2) is oid2 a prefix of oid1

        * Various bug fixes for automated oid resolution

--
Tristan Colgate-McFarlane
----