guile-gnome-platform 2.16.2 released

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: guile-gnome-platform 2.16.2 released
Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 23:01:36 +0200

Hello all,

I am pleased and embarrassed to announce the release of
guile-gnome-platform version 2.16.2.

Get it here:

http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/guile-gnome/guile-gnome-platform/guile-gnome-platform-2.16.2.tar.gz

About guile-gnome-platform
==========================

guile-gnome is a Guile wrapper collection for the GNOME library stack.
It ships with an wrapper engine that allows semi-automatic wrapping of
GObject-based C APIs.

This release is the first in 4 years.  The API has not been
substantially updated.  The major change is simply that it works with
2.0, and there there is a tarball.

Changes
=======

* Instead of the terribly complicated revision control configuration
  that we had before, now all code is in git, and in just one branch.
  The build files like Makefile.am and configure.ac are no longer
  generated from other files.

* Update to support Guile 2.0 in addition to 1.8.  (We don't currently
  install compiled .go files yet.)

* Require G-Wrap 1.9.14.

* If Guile is new enough, tab completion at the REPL will cause all
  "latent" bindings to become present.  This makes it easier to explore
  the API.

glib
----
* Fix generation of code that produces errors when compiled when
  wrapping GList* types.

gtk
---
* Fix some instances of allocating boxed types with g_new0 instead of
  the boxed type's own copy function.  Thanks to Greg Benison and
  Patrick Bernaud.

* Fix linking error regarding libgw-guile-gnome-gtk and libguile-cairo.
  Thanks to Andreas Rottmann.

* Add overrides with parameter annotations for methods of
  GtkPrintOperation (bug #603211).  Thanks to Patrick Bernaud.

* Add wrapper for gtk_tree_view_get_path_at_pos().  Thanks to Patrick
  Bernaud.

* Fix up some of the example files for 2.16.0 API.  Thanks to Patrick
  Bernaud.

* The GtkTextBuffer API now uses UTF-8 for Guile 2.0.  Thanks to Mark
  Weaver.  There is more work to do regarding UTF-8 and Guile 2.0,
  though.

libglade
--------
* Fix automatic connection of signals to handlers (bug #605248).  Thanks
  to Patrick Bernaud.

--
http://wingolog.org/