Re: Extending a GTK+ Application with Guile

From: Kevin J . Fletcher
Subject: Re: Extending a GTK+ Application with Guile
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 22:43:03 +0100

> Sounds good at first sight.  In fact, you could look at (system repl
> server), which implements something like that.  That’s what the
> ‘--listen’ command-line option uses.

I did see --listen but didn't look to far into it. As my first attempt
(routing STDIN, STDOUT, STDERR through VTE) worked I stopped working on
this aspect. I will add it to my list of options.

> But then of course, if the user calls ‘primitive-exit’ or similar, the
> whole process terminates.  You could rebind ‘primitive-exit’ to
> something harmless, but I’m not convince that protecting users against
> themselves makes sense.

I agree, this appears overkill. I just wondered if it would be seen as
buggy: "I attempted to quit the terminal and the whole program
closed!". It is not a major concern.

Thanks