Re: Fwd: How to "do what guild does" from within code?

From: Ian Hulin
Subject: Re: Fwd: How to "do what guild does" from within code?
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 10:25:45 +0100

Hi Andy,

On 19/07/12 20:07, Andy Wingo wrote:
> Heya Ian,
>
> On Thu 12 Jul 2012 19:33, Ian Hulin <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'm trying to do an on-the-fly compilation of the LilyPond
>> module initialization scheme code during lily initialization.
>> Autocompilation is switched off and I've got all the load path
>> compiled load path variables set as we need them.
> [...]
>> The guile code very helpfully locates the source file for the
>> display-lily module, notes there isn't a .go file and has a shot
>> at compiling it.
>
> This would indicate that auto-compilation is in fact on.  Can you
> check to be sure it is off?

D'oh - please excuse brain-fart when typing up the original message.
I mis-remembered the program flow when I was stepping through in gdb
on my development system notebook.

For the rest of the question, I've done some digging now and found
module/scripts/compile.scm in and worked out how to set up the call in
the API to emulate the #opts keyword parameter in a
$guile compile
statement from within code.  This has enabled me to move on without
having to use throw/catch blocks, which partly informed the original
question ( I was trying to catch 'unbound-variable throws during
compilation from within C++).

I've now hit another little problem, but I'll ask about that one in a
new thread.

Cheers,

Ian