displaying UTF8 characters in and out of a script (guile 2.0.5)

From: msematman
Subject: displaying UTF8 characters in and out of a script (guile 2.0.5)
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 20:22:34 +0100

Dear all,

(display "Ćićolina") from the interactive session with the guile
interpreter correctly writes
Ćićolina to the standard output.

However, the same command in a script:

#!/usr/bin/guile \
-s
#!
(display "Ćićolina")

writes this out: ?i?olina

Obviously, there is something wrong with the output of UTF8 characters
in the case of the guile script.

In contrast, a similar bash script on my system (Debian Wheezy
GNU\Linux):

#!/bin/sh
echo "Ćićolina"

writes out the correct output.

This indicates that there is probably nothing wrong with my locale
setting.

If anybody has any clue what actually went wrong , please let me know.

Cheers

--

  address@hidden