Re: GNU Guile community in google+

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: GNU Guile community in google+
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 17:36:30 +0800

On Tue, 2012-12-18 at 09:39 +0100, zx spectrumgomas wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 11:36 PM, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > As others wrote, please don’t advertise this service here.  This one and
> > similar services are a threat to privacy and freedom of speech, and in
> > opposition with what we stand for.
> >
> > As you may already know, there are other tools that some of us regularly
> > use: one is this mailing list, another one is IRC.
> >
> > If you think these tools aren’t suitable for your workflow, that is
> > fine.  In that case, I urge you to come up with a solution that is not a
> > threat to the privacy, freedom, and autonomy of our users.  “Building a
> > community” should not imply giving up on essential freedoms.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Ludo’.
>

> the phrase "I urge you to come up with a solution that is not a
> threat to the privacy, freedom, and autonomy of our users." looks very
> good. The problem is that the real world is full of newbies and they
> don't know come up with these solutions (Me here).
>
> In my opinion the solution is attract attention in social networks,
> then get do a "gnu-rails" that mentioned here. And then resolve the
> Planet's issue. As we say in Spain: You can't make a tortilla without
> breaking eggs.  I understand that your opinions are morally more
> respectable than mine (No irony in this sentence, it is really what I
> think).  (irony #on) But in Spain it is customary to stay acquitted if
> you confess your sins.

To my belief, confess sins then reform at once, which is the only way to
make people stay acquitted.

> It is clear that Guile has a serious problem with  communication in
> social networks, and if someone does not want to see it then it's
> because his eyes are closed.

Take it easy, Guile doesn't against social-networks, but the wrong
policy for propitiatory/privacy.
You mentioned Racket users choose G+, but Racket is not GNU Racket,
right?

PS: I used to use G+, but I delete it from my smartphone wrathfully when
I realize it uploaded many of my photos without any mention.
Nowadays, I have to care about anything, especially software service.