Re: GNU Guile community in google+

From: zx spectrumgomas
Subject: Re: GNU Guile community in google+
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 21:42:45 +0100

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 8:27 PM, Mike Gran <address@hidden> wrote:
>> From: Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden>
>> Not sure if that’s what you mean here, but there are blog aggregators
>> that may be relevant to Guilers, such as:
>>
>>   http://planet.gnu.org/
>>   http://scheme.dk/planet/
>
> My uninteresting ramblings show up on planet.gnu.org sometimes.  But I
> don't write much about Guile.
>
> I've seen wingo's stuff appear on planet.gnome.org.
>
> -Mike

As you see there is no centralized location where one can find  GNU
Guile blogs, hence it would be important blog aggregators that Ludovic
Courtès mentioned. I assure you search in google guile is not easy:
https://www.google.es/search?q=guile&hl=es&client=ubuntu&hs=IQR&tbo=u&channel=fs&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=6yDSUJf3C4-HhQeE-YHgBQ&ved=0CFgQsAQ&biw=1071&bih=757
. Scheme also is a difficult word. For example clojure did the right
thing in this sense. But of course, who did this know years ago?

This already hasn't nothing to see with Guile. But the situation of
Planet Gnome, being obviously much better than Guile, neither is
optimal. To link your blog to Planet Gnome you must have paid your
membership fee, and this, although little money, may not be easy above
all depending on the country. I do not know if this has been solved
but I think that not.
Besides, in Planet Gnome is allowed to talk about issues that are not
related to Gnome: someone tells his last trip, Miguel de Icaza can
talk if he liked his new ipad, etc. I really think it's great and fun,
but many people think it is a waste of valuable time.