Re: Readline support in Cygwin

From: Akop Pogosian
Subject: Re: Readline support in Cygwin
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 22:41:25 -0600

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 3:57 PM, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Akop Pogosian <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> # ERROR: In procedure load-extension:
>> # ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link: file: "libguilereadline-v-18",
>> message: "The specified module could not be found."
>
> [...]
>
>> # $ ls software/packages/guile-2.0.7/lib/
>> # guile           libguile-2.0.la          libguilereadline-v-18.la
>> # libguile-2.0.a  libguilereadline-v-18.a  pkgconfig
>
> As you can see, you only have a static version of libguilereadline,
> which is why ‘dynamic-link’ fails.

Indeed. I am really confused about why there are no shared libraries
in /usr/lib under cygwin. However, they are installed in /usr/bin
under strange names such as /usr/bin/cygreadline6.dll

Is guile build system supposed to pick up shared libraries in those
locations or do I need to do something special?