Re: Guildhall users: please update your GUILE_LOAD_PATH or %load-path

From: Ian Price
Subject: Re: Guildhall users: please update your GUILE_LOAD_PATH or %load-path
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 08:34:29 +0000

Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> writes:

> In the future it will be important for Guildhall modules to have a lower
> priority than in the search path than Guile's core modules.  The reason
> is that Guildhall has several portable SRFIs, some of which will be
> superceded by efficient native implementations in core Guile.  One such
> example is SRFI-41, which will soon be replaced by a superior version in
> Guile core.

Not just SRFIs, who knows what other packages will end up bundled with
Guile in the future. However, I do ideally want to see modules in the
Guildhall first, and this change allows this.

> Ian, can you please update your Guildhall "Getting-Started" document
> appropriately?  <https://github.com/ijp/guildhall/wiki/Getting-Started>

I have updated the page accordingly.

--
Ian Price -- shift-reset.com

"Programming is like pinball. The reward for doing it well is
the opportunity to do it again" - from "The Wizardy Compiled"