Re: GNU Hurd on $scheme

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: GNU Hurd on $scheme
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 11:19:01 +0100

Hi!

Daniel Hartwig <address@hidden> skribis:

> [Hello l4-hurd, I see you have been quiet lately.]

:-)

> After bootstrapping my current pet project,

So you already started?

> Anyone interested in collaborating on such a project, or have comments
> regarding the paper and the implications for the Hurd?

I’m interesting in lurking, for a start.  ;-)

I think there are really two approaches: one is to augment the Hurd with
Guile APIs and servers, and another one is to write a Scheme OS (like
Göran’s http://weinholt.se/nygos/).  You’re taking the first one, right?

For the Hurd, I’d start by writing some sort of a MiG in Scheme macros.

Happy hacking!  :-)

Ludo’.