Whitespace in sxml

From: Mark Witmer
Subject: Whitespace in sxml
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 15:29:37 -0500

I've been doing some work using the (sxml simple) module, and I'm
wondering what to do about whitespace. If I evaluate this
expression:

(with-input-from-string
"<test>
  <el>VALUE</el>
  <el>VALUE</el>
</test>" (lambda () (xml->sxml)))

I get this result:

(*TOP* (test "\n  " (el "VALUE") "\n  " (el "VALUE") "\n"))

Those "\n " strings mess up the matching I'm doing with sxml-match. Does
anyone know if there's something in the ssax modules in the standard
library that would let me create a parser that ignores insignificant
whitespace?

I decided I want to use xcb for my window manager, so I'm implementing a
language in guile that reads the xml files xcb uses to describe the X
protocol and creates bindings for it.

Thanks

Mark Witmer