Re: More Guile 1.8 code failing in 2.x

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: More Guile 1.8 code failing in 2.x
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 06:48:00 -0800 (PST)

> From: Richard Shann <address@hidden>
>
> Thanks for this - it seems define-once is not defined in guile 1.8
> however, so while some systems only have guile 2.0 (Fedora) and others
> only have guile 1.8 (Debian stable) I would need something more.

Just as an aside... Fedora doesn't have Guile 2.0 at all, except in its
experimental Rawhide distro.  It still ships with 1.8.  Still about
half of the Guile-using programs in Fedora can't compile with 2.0, so
Fedora will be shipping with both guile-1.8 and 2.0 in the next version,
Fedora 19.  Maintainers will be able to link their packages to
either one. The executable for Guile 2.0 will likely be called
/usr/bin/guile2.

-Mike