Re: install guile of question

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: install guile of question
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 02:26:01 -0500

dongdong12345 xie <address@hidden> writes:
> the "config.log" file that resulted from running
> "CFLAGS=+DD64 ./configure" for Guile .
[...]
> configure:40108: checking for libltdl
> configure:40130: cc -o conftest +DD64 -I/usr/local/include  conftest.c
> /usr/local/lib/libltdl.sl  >&5
> ld: Mismatched ABI (not an ELF file) for /usr/local/lib/libltdl.sl
> Fatal error.

and when you configured Guile without CFLAGS=+DD64, it successfully
linked a test program with libltdl, but failed to link with libgmp:

> configure:43989: checking for libgmp
> configure:44011: cc -o conftest -g -I/usr/local/include  conftest.c
> /usr/local/lib/libgmp.sl -lm  >&5
> /usr/ccs/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libgmp.sl: Mismatched ABI. 64-bit PA shared
> library found in 32-bit link.

So libtool and libgmp were compiled with different ABIs.  If you used a
simple "./configure" command for both, then apparently those two
packages chose different default ABIs on your system.

You need to choose a single ABI for Guile, and build all the needed
libraries using that ABI.  This will likely involve passing some extra
flags to one or more of the ./configure scripts.  My guess is that GMP
is the odd man out here, so maybe that's the only library you'll need to
rebuild.

I know nothing about HP-UX or PA-RISC, so I won't be able to help with
the specifics of what flags need to passed to the various configure
scripts.

     Mark