Live coding screencasts

From: Garjola
Subject: Live coding screencasts
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 09:42:31 +0100

Hi all,

I am relatively new to Scheme (and Guile) although I have been playing with
Clojure for a while. I am having a little bit of trouble in getting started
with the programming workflow. I don't mean "tools" (I am using Geiser in Emacs
and it's great!), but rather the way of thinking about solving problems in an
idiomatic scheme way.

I am a fan of the video lectures of SICP
(http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-001-structure-and-interpretation-of-computer-programs-spring-2005/video-lectures/).

I find that seeing someone else explaining how to program is much better than
reading a book, although I like to spend time reading someone else's code.

I have recently been following the screencasts by Daniel Silverstone
(http://www.youtube.com/user/KimballKinnison/videos?view=0) where he solves
some project Euler problems in Haskell and I found them very interesting and
useful to grasp the way of thinking.

Are you aware of similar lectures/videos/screencasts using Guile or more
generally Scheme?

Thank you.

Garjola.