Re: [ANN] the Guile 100 Programs Project

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: [ANN] the Guile 100 Programs Project
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 22:37:08 -0700 (PDT)

> From: Mike Gran <address@hidden>

> Hello.  I'm pleased to announce the upcoming Guile 100 Programs
> Project.
>
> The Guile 100 Programs Project is an opportunity to show off your
> Guile skills in exchange for a small honorarium.
>
> Each week, on Monday, I'll announce a coding project and ask for
> volunteers.  On Wednesday, a volunteer will be chosen at random from
> all entrants.  The volunteer will have two weeks to complete the task.
> If judged to have completed the task correctly, he or she will receive
> a honorarium of 100 USD.
>
> The task will either be a Scheme script, a bug fix on an existing
> project, or a C code with Guile bindings.
>
> The Guile 100 Programs project will begin March 11, 2013.  The location
> of the website is still TBD. The site is not live yet and will go live
> just before the beginning of the project.

Hi All,

The website is up, and the first challenge is described at

http://www.lonelycactus.com/guile100/

Both the website and the skeleton docs are pretty spare, but I had said that
I'd kick this off today.  So, here it is.  Hopefully the site will get better
and more useful in the next few weeks.

If you see a problem with the site, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mike Gran